Tuesday, September 4, 2007

9/4/07 - back at UCSF

Over the weekend, James had a fairly severe seizure episode, and Mary took him to the local hospital. He got transferred to a hospital in Fremont, which was like a tomb the day before Labor Day. He was in ICU, stable but very weak and sleepy. We had been reserved a bed at UCSF's Epilepsy Center (again) for (more) 24-hour monitoring. I don't know whether this was our doctor's last-ditch effort or what, but we are pleased for the chance to discover the cause of these seizures. Didn't happen last time, though, so I don't know, and given James's condition, whether he could undergo surgery if they find something is a huge question. Please pray for answers. James is 45.5 kilos (right at 100 lbs.; still losing), and he has spates of apnea, although he will breathe if we remind him.

Today I just gave over to the depression and got absolutely nothing done. I am going to go downstairs and see if my other son wants some dinner. If we get energized by that, maybe we will do some laundry; otherwise, I will just stare at the stuff lying around until I get sleepy again. This is no way to live. B