Monday, September 24, 2007

9/24/07 - seems like a miracle

I have no doubt that these results are because of your prayers out there. James has been seizure-free since about Friday, which is better than he has done in months. He is a lot more aware of his surroundings and is awfully glad to be at his home.

About Tuesday of last week, still in the hospital, James told me he needed to go to the bathroom, and I provided an in-bed convenience for him. He has been using that "convenience" since then, and even wore underwear on Saturday!

I am anxious to fatten him up. The tube feedings were carefully designed to do this, but James's metabolism must be on overtime. We will work back into solid foods before too long. I have already cheated a little - bought him turkey and mashed potatoes in the hospital - and he did fine. I don't think he's ever really aspirated solid food, but thin liquids have been a problem before.

Tonight I called him and he was playing video games in his chair. He was very glad to be with Brandy, who takes such excellent care of him. We still have some things to work out, like delivery of his new formula and a feeding pump. I can't tell you what a relief it is to have him at his house and doing well. We hope to get the diagnostic stuff going before too long, but we don't want to wear him out. Thank you all, B