Thursday, August 9, 2007

8/9/07 - back in hospital

I don't have the details, but I know Mary received about 5 calls from James's house during the night, and I know she went to take him to the hospital. I gather from what I heard that he got loaded with all the Ativan we were allowed to give him, and maybe a little more, and he was still in a complex partial seizure.

This occurred after the most discouraging appointment with the neurologist yesterday, in which he told us surgery is not likely to help James, increase one med, and don't give him so much Ativan! At this point, Ativan is the only weapon we have, because none of these drugs we have been patiently trying are working.

I had sort of agreed with myself that I would quit my job if James couldn't stay out of the hospital for 4 weeks. That was optimistic, maybe, but it has been only 1-1/2 weeks with near-constant seizure activity. Someone is going to need to be available to deal with James, and Mary starts school in a couple of weeks.

The only thing that got me out of bed this morning is the prospect of our house cleaner's arriving and finding me in the throes of torpor, without any money to pay her. I am depressed beyond description. Keep praying, please. B

No comments: